Dogs at the Table

...or to put it another way, "Perish, priest!"

Thursday, June 10, 2010

The seventh day is not Sabbath

I'm blogging live from the floor. Probably a violation of protocol. Nevertheless...

Well, we’re in the midst of it – the statement has been presented, particular language highlighted, and we will accept the statement for what it is. There is something in it for everybody, or to put it another way, you can find whatever you want.

The remarkable thing is that both liberal and conservative voices have spoken in favour of the statement, which may be some indication of grace. I don’t know what the future of the blessing and sexuality debate (and action) will be, but I’m certain the editorial writers will find a whole lot to say.

For me, it is a snapshot of a moment in time, and as one speaker said, “I’m gonna have a whole lot of ‘splainin’ to do."

3 Comments:

  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Eminence Grise said…

    Like God, Canon Kearon looks down (from halfway up the bleachers) upon us all.

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger Eminence Grise said…

    ...and at 10:35 the motion carried.

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Eminence Grise said…

    ...and I am now officially a little less grumpy. But on reflection, I think that the fatigue about "the issue" allowed for the statement to pass with such brief comment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home